Pages

Thursday, December 31, 2020

Mystery Man Strikes Again

I've written about this fellow, sometimes known as Quinn or Xavier, or whatever name he uses in the return address. I know nothing about him. I've tried emailing to thank him, ask questions, even once threatening to return his package unopened. Yeah, that didn't happen. I did let one sit for two months before I caved. His return address is somewhat illegible and likely intentionally so. If I had returned it, well...the post office would've opened and kept the contents for themselves. I could not allow this to happen.

He is a crazy, generous fellow living perhaps, somewhere in Pennsylvania. I tried deciphering his address to send him a few cards but he's only received an envelope from me once that I know of. I did get a thank you from him one time. If he received another from me, he's never said. I can assure him it was sent and never returned to me.

So what does a package from him look like?? Assembly is most fascinating. This package was in a colorful padded mailer. The Glam Stickers from my wantlist are plastered all over it, along with a micro J Owens peeping out of its own little window: 




There are layers within which require deconstruction. Beneath the main wrapper is a boxloader:



Beneath this, an oversized card from Topps Vault:



And beneath this? Not hockey!




The little Phillies Mascot has become a favorite toy for my kitty. She bats it around and throws it in the air. Jingles loves her baseball! And so do I:

2007 TR Boxloader


It's not an exaggeration to say there were a couple hundred cards in the box!







Are you with me so far?





Who does this? Twice per year? It's taken me some time to share these. I didn't open and scan the package until October. Mind blown by the contents, I can tell you that!






Mr. Man also include some vintage charm:





I can't compete with these packages. Sometimes you just have to be humble and say thank you. He should know I recognize his generosity and creativity. In the year of 2020, most of us needed a little pick me up. This package was certainly that. So Rocky, Quinn, Xavier etc - please know I loved the package. Happy New Year, wherever you are!



17 comments:

  1. Holy cow, that's pretty amazing!! Good to have folks that think of you, I guess!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's an interesting Verlander.

    Maybe another blogger is sending you cards on the down-low. Was the address a P.O. Box? Or near where another blogger lives?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Verlander is one of my faves in the package. As far as the address, not close to anyone I've traded with, and not a POB. oooh...thank you in advance for thinking of me. Looking forward to it!

      Delete
  3. Oh, man. This would drive me batty.
    Thanks for showing the cards and good luck on figuring out who this generous soul is!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hmmm maybe it is intentional after all. what a great way to go mad!

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. WES! I bet you do. It's much like your M.O.! Hope you are well!! Great to have you drop in!

      Delete
  5. That’s very cool for the mystery man to send you all that awesome stuff!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm a bit spoiled by all of you. I don't know why he chose me to bless.

      Delete
  6. Ooo... Julie's got a secret admirer :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Replies
    1. I have no real idea. Definitely a non-blogger. Thanks for dropping by Sooz!

      Delete
  8. We miss you Julie, hope you received my most recent parcel?

    ReplyDelete