Pages

Sunday, December 13, 2020

Time Won't Give Me Time

Mon 12/7:  Other than the title referencing a Culture Club tune, writes nothing

Tues 12/8: Puts tree up, decorates

Big tree last year. Sweet, little tree this year.

Wed 12/9 3:20pm

Even a pandemic Christmas season is a hectic one. I fantasize about all my opportunities for free time but reality squashes my dreams - again. Last December - the first at my then new job - it was sloooooooow as molasses. This year I'm prepared. Recent PWEs and mailers were scanned and dumped to a flash drive then taken to my office. It now rest peacefully in my top drawer.  'Hello, little flash drive' [wistfully closes drawer.] Work is insanely busy - and gratefully so.

Thurs - Sat: nuttin'

Sunday 12/13 Flash drive still in desk drawer at work. Comes across blogger references to the 'five minute post'. THAT I can do. Go!

I really should post trades but want to share some of my own cards. Dang it cat, must you be held NOW? What is that on the wall? Did I leave my car windows down? I forgot to bring a bottle of water to the hobby room.  God, I could use a nap. Laptop battery at 15%. Great, the internet just cut out again.  Now, where are those cards I scanned? Oh wow! I forgot he sent me these - eight months ago! Time's up. 

A card from my Altuve collection:

2019 TRANSCENDANT /100


Have a good week my friends!

What is time anyway? All of life's moments, one by one. Peace!

30 comments:

  1. Sometimes the title is the toughest part.

    I love timeline posts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fun though they are, I feel I've let my little blog down. Busy busy busy.

      Delete
  2. I found a card you might like. It might be a while before I receive it so I can send it to you though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Strange how everything can be different from year to year, and everything is still the same too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The calendar offers consistency, if nothing else!

      Delete
  4. "Dang it cat, must you be held NOW?" -- that (and its variants) is something I say at least three or four times while I'm trying to write a blog post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel a feline coup attempt to overthrow blog authorship is a not too distant an event.

      Delete
  5. A. My favorite Culture Club song.

    B. Your tree is beautiful. Good things come in small packages (or something like that).

    C. That flash drive idea would have been handy a few years ago. These days I use iCloud.

    D. Whoa... Transcendent. Isn't that a $20k product? Nice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I enjoyed the Club back in the day, and still play the hits. I listen to very little music form the 80s but they made my playlist. I can't access my cloud through our office for security reasons but mine is black anyways so... lol. Yep $20K BUT the box comes with a complete base set. Each card numbered to 100. I picked up Tuve cheap on the Bay. ;)

      Delete
  6. Beautiful tree 🎄...here's looking at you, kid.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks John! A little something headed your way soon. ;)

      Delete
  7. I hadn't seen that Transcendent design before.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I remember being a kid how December felt like it was a year long. Now it feels like a week long. It just keeps getting faster and faster!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Childhood offered us the gift of anticipation. Those were sweet moments in time.

      Delete
  9. Most def. a beautiful tree. Likewise that card is nice too. I don't own any of those. Merry Christmas my friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What? You have hunted down your Braves? I'm surprised!! Merry Christmas to you, Friend!

      Delete
  10. Replies
    1. thanks! I love lights. Wish I could hand them everywhere.

      Delete
  11. That was an amusing post! I love the nutcrackers guarding your tree!
    "All time is an illusion, lunchtime doubly so." - Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Someday I'm gonna read that book! I love nutcrackers. They're slowly taking over the house.

      Delete
  12. Is that tree in your hobby room? I think the scent of pine trees in a hobby room might work pretty well. Also, nice job squeezing out this post despite the hectic schedule!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. It was a squeeze as will be the next post. Hobby room has it's own tree to be shown shortly. I do enjoy balsam candles!!

      Delete
  13. I don't think anyone's gonna mind if they have to wait a little longer to see their former cards in a post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ah Jon, you are kind. One of those wonderful cards is from you!

      Delete
  14. I tried the Five Minute Post challenge last year and failed spectacularly.

    That is a sweet Altuve!

    If we don't see you before next Friday, have a very Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. well, at least it was spectacular! my fails are more spectaCLES! lol. Merry Christmas!

      Delete
  15. Replies
    1. Wonderful compliment, thank you. So, have you not been reading much? LOL. Merry Christmas!!!!

      Delete