Pages

Saturday, July 4, 2020

A Cracked Bat Ballot Box: Where Your Vote Counts!




I hate what has become of modern politics. No matter how great you believe your candidate to be, he or she is still quite human. Politicians aren't perfect and many, deeply flawed.  As this election year ramps up, we will hear a lot of ugliness, and maybe some debate. Tuesday, November 4th won't get here quickly enough for many of us.  To take some focus off our political frustrations, I thought it might be fun to have a Collector's Choice election!


PRE-SHOW FUN

There will be two candidates to choose from each time A.C.B.B.B. presents a new election opportunity. It's entirely possible you won't like either candidate. Isn't that just like politics? If you want your vote to count, you will be forced to choose. Only one vote allowed per person per post. Each post will be open for at least two days.  Your comment to choose "a" or "b" is your vote.  I will randomly close voting on each post by commenting on said post. At that time, votes will be tallied. The winning item of that round will be placed into the ballot box. Each voter is added to voter registration. With the assistance of a non-partisan friend, I'll track voters and their choices with a spreadsheet. Please do not share a link on Twitter, Facebook, any blog, Instagram, Wet Noodle or any other form of social media. You are giving your vote away by doing so. I most want to see a regular reader win this box.




Mail in votes are allowed. Any trades RECEIVED between July 5th  and Nov 4th, Election Day count! An additional vote will be added to your vote totals. Please keep in mind, you are trusting your vote to the postal service. Any envelope or package MUST be in my mailbox no later than Tuesday, November 4th.

TRUST ABE

Our US Territories {including American Samoa, Puerto Rico, Guam, US Virgin and Northern Mariana Islands} have no congressional representation and cannot vote in the official US election. These residents not allowed to vote in the A.C.B.B.B. primaries. Disappointing for me since so many of my readers live in these remote locations. Although I cannot afford the expense of shipping to Canada or overseas, I would like to extend the opportunity to all my Canadian and overseas friends to vote in the primaries. In other words, foreign tampering with election results is allowed. Those votes won't be added to the final tallies but they can lobby for the item they'd like most to see win.




Let's fill the ballot box! On the evening of November 4th, each voter will be entered into the Great Randomizer the appropriate number of times. This number is equal to how many times you voted or sent trade mail. The list will be randomized several times - number to be announced prior to the event.  Our first place winner will take home the ballot box, filled with every winning item from the primaries! The first round of primaries will be live next Saturday.

What? You wanna know what kind of stuff is going into the box? I am 'cleaning house' so right now, I don't even know. There may be vintage cards. Small sets. Packs. Books. Baseballs. A blaster. Perhaps other sports as well. Whatever it takes to fill a medium to large flat rate priority box to capacity! I'm getting my money's worth out of shipping costs! Since you choose the contents, it won't be junk!

HAPPY INDEPENDENCE DAY!!!!

As you may have discerned from the photos, my July 4th evening is planned. I'll be outside, sharing loud works of fire with friends. It will be a noisy night but not at the same decibel levels an ear-drum-shattering evening with Kiss produced at Tiger Stadium.



50 comments:

  1. Sounds like an interesting concept.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. It was a literal blast! hope to see you voting!

      Delete
  3. BE SAFE. SMILE ALOT. DON'T WORRY NO ONE WILL SEE BECAUSE OF THE FACE COVERING. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. too hot for face coverings but we handled social distancing pretty well! lots of space makes that possible.

      Delete
  4. The most exciting election since we were asked to vote for Quisp or Quake cereal in the 1970's!

    I voted Quisp, naturally.

    ReplyDelete
  5. 🇺🇸⚾️🇺🇸⚾️🇺🇸⚾️🇺🇸⚾️🇺🇸⚾️🇺🇸⚾️🇺🇸⚾️🇺🇸⚾️🇺🇸⚾️🇺🇸⚾️🇺🇸⚾️🇺🇸⚾️🇺🇸⚾️🇺🇸⚾️🇺🇸⚾️🇺🇸⚾️🇺🇸⚾️🇺🇸⚾️🇺🇸⚾️🇺🇸⚾️🇺🇸⚾️🇺🇸⚾️

    Sounds like a great time will be had by all!

    ⚾️🇺🇸⚾️🇺🇸⚾️🇺🇸⚾️🇺🇸⚾️🇺🇸⚾️🇺🇸⚾️🇺🇸⚾️🇺🇸⚾️🇺🇸⚾️🇺🇸⚾️🇺🇸⚾️🇺🇸⚾️🇺🇸⚾️🇺🇸⚾️🇺🇸⚾️🇺🇸⚾️🇺🇸⚾️🇺🇸⚾️🇺🇸⚾️🇺🇸⚾️🇺🇸⚾️

    ReplyDelete
  6. How did you get a Vevo video to work in the blogosphere? I'm impressed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol. I'm curious about that too. Sounds like you're 4th is going to be awesome. Hope you capture some of the fireworks on video or camera.

      Delete
    2. Well Gentlemen, I had no idea there were issues with Vevo. A friend filmed a great video of the short finale but did not turn the phone sideways. I'll share next time if it will upload.

      Delete
  7. Sounds like a fun time with the voting! Be safe tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I had to sit my father's celebration out this year and I'm usually the designated pyro. So, I'm very jealous of your works of fire stash. Have fun shooting all of those off!
    Looking forward to voting.
    BTW, I had to Google "Wet Noodle"... that's not a thing, right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Noodle may be a thing now. I should've put a trademark on it. We had a great time last night. No injuries to report!

      Delete
  9. Have fun! Oh, I can’t send you mail without an addres. Please send it my way via sportcardcollectors@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Have fun, and an interesting concept!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It only take one vote to change results. Hope you feel like interfering.

      Delete
  11. My brother-in-law shoots off fireworks for a living. It's his busy time of year. He had to sit out this year.

    I am actually looking forward to Election Day now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whoa! I've seen some of those professional mortars. They can be the size of a large pumpkin! Indeed. Should be a fun assortment of mostly baseball material. I look forward to your votes!

      Delete
  12. Kiss and fireworks. That's like peanut butter and jelly. Will PB&J be one of your candidates? It'd probably get my vote.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not certain how well the pbj would hold up in transit. If you were to win, I'd be sure to include one. <8^D

      Delete
  13. Great post. Always liked KISS. My favourite being Detroit Rock City. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Replies
    1. thanks Tim! Also a great way to clean the hobby room!

      Delete
  15. Replies
    1. hey stranger! hope you join us! :)

      Delete
    2. Thanks, I will definitely give it a shot. Have been catching up on things so I can spend some more time reading the blogs and maybe one day start writing again.

      Delete
  16. Fun contest, thanks! I'll have a few "extra votes" out to you over the next few weeks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My lobbyist thanks you. Oh wait, that's me. Thank you ;)

      Delete
  17. This will be so much more fun than any actually voting we may have to do in November!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Cool! I've never won a box of fireworks hidden under baseball cards.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. and you likely never will. lol! check it out Saturday night!

      Delete
  19. Phew! Didn't miss out on the start of this...looking forward to it!

    ReplyDelete