Pages

Saturday, December 1, 2018

3D ROUND FOUR WRAP with a Visit from Krukberry

Who wins the Gwynns? Round four of Dupe, Dump or Dwindle featured cards from my diminishing collection of this HOFer. Diminishing is not to say dumping.  I'll be honest, and not because my posts are usually filled with atrocious lies because that just isn't true.

Going over my collection, I initially considered dumping him. Gwynn is greatly deserving of recognition but one day may be relegated to a binder page which I'd consider a dump. I simply was not ready to dump him. It felt wrong. It also felt silly to feel wrong about dumping him, even a touch guilty. Perhaps that has do with his premature death. I seem to enjoy collecting mostly the deceased and elderly.

HEADSTONE
A new commenter, Trevor of Bump and Run Football Card Blog was the only one to guess DUMP. I was actually glad to see this guess because one day it will be correct. I do have some good names hitting the dump pile; small PC collections started but never pursued.

A card kept - 94 Fleer All Star
This 3D round was a dwindle. I kept 50 Gwynns, with the remainder going to a new home. We had four correct guesses before comments were closed. These fine gentleman are:  reader Fred Pike, Dimebox Nick, defgav and Jafronius.

Before the winner is revealed - of course you won't jump ahead, will you? - I have a late trade flash. I found a nice little scan buried in my email FROM JANUARY!! Oh the shame. Mr. Peter Steinberg of Baseball Every Night, All the Freakin' Time sent a nice little envelope of Heritage from my wantlist and included A DEAD GUY! See, Steiny knows me!

2003 Heritage

DEAD GUY
{Fleer put out a nice product. Well maybe not ALL the time but Greats and Fall Classic are pretty sweet.}
My dearest Krukberry, thanks for keeping me as a trade pal. I'm addled - er - grateful!

*****

I've kept you waiting long enough, nearly three weeks actually! Our good friends at Random.org have made a decision on my behalf. Four correct comments mean four times around - and away we go!


Jafronius! Jafronius, as long as the link on your blog is correct you'll receive an email from me. If you don't want these cards then Tony goes to defgav.

The next round of Dupe, Dump or Dwindle will feature one of the Bash Brothers.

ALIVE AND WELL

8 comments:

  1. Congratulations Jafronius! Chopping your Gwynn collection down to 50 cards?

    A. You gotta show off those 50.
    B. Can't believe Gwynn gets the DWINDLE treatment. SMH ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chastised by the Fuj! Perhaps I'll show a few of those kept.

      Delete
  2. Woo! I will be honored to give the unwanted Gwynns a home. Just tell the 50 remaining Gwynns that their missing brethren are alive and well patrolling the outfield and swinging bats at a farm outside of Cooperstown. I will locate your e-mail later today and reply with my address...thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very nice! Glad you want these. TG deserves to be in a valued collection.Thanks for participating!

      Delete
  3. I agree with Fuji. You gotta show off those 50. Thanks for the contest.

    I am agoing to "Pick Pockets" next.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Pickin' Pike! Thanks for participating! I truly appreciate your time spend with this blog!

      Delete
  4. Gwynn is definitely an all-time great and I know that was a tough call to dwindle. Glad those you didn't keep now have a good home. Fun post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. well hello, and thank you for reading! Gwynn was easy compared to some others in the pipeline. I'm bound to make someone angry. It's gonna happen. Keep an eye open for players you may be interested in having.

      Delete