Pages

Wednesday, October 3, 2018

3D - ROUND THREE RESULTS: JEFF BAGWELL with a side of PWE

I took my sweet time with this one, blaming surgery. I wonder how long I can get by with this??  While I've been away, a couple more Bags were found and added to the stack. There was a fair amount of participation this time but hope to see as many, if not more, responses in Round Four.

On the chopping block??

We had a few guessers guessing for the fun of it, I guess. Of all six official Dupe, Dump or Dwindle responses, there were three dwindles, three dupes and zero dumps.  RAZ commented: I have to guess DUPE. He's too good a player and you have that grand slam memory associated with him. You can't abandon that sort of player collection.  And he is correct.  I pulled my dupes for offer to someone with equally refined taste.  There is no true dwindle here. I have over 100 Bagwells but currently no intention to add more cards - unless of course, a gorgeous Stadium Club presents itself. That or some wildly colorful 90s oddity.

There were three correct responses. We'll use this number to randomize and determine Jeff's new address. 

While I have your attention, take a look at these beauts  from Oscar @ Stealing Home aka ATBATT. He sent a pwe hoping these cards would fit into my collection. Oh yes, Oscar. Indeed they do! New, old and auto'd!  Thank you!

A few of my favorite vintage years are featured here - 1960, 1972, 1975. I also love 1954 and 1958. 1971 and 1973 are nice too.  But then I like 51 and 52 Bowman. Of course there's also...

And now, the great and powerful Randomizer has spoken:


RAZ - if you are still interested in having the Bagwell stack, please email your address to: acrackedbat at gmail dot com.

Thanks to all who commented on the Bagwell post. Round Four will be up soon featuring yet another HOFer. Oh boy, I can't wait for the response.

7 comments:

  1. Hopefully you don't mind waiting awhile, because RAZ takes FOREVER to send/reply to emails :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I emailed Raz. He can have a little time. It did take me two months to post the winner so we can give him 30 days. ;) I’m thinking about a new tab on my blog for regular readers to claim stacks of cards. I have a pile of Chippers that need a home but no one actually won these. I won’t announce the tab so only someone poking around on my blog will find these free cards. Look for a tab coming soon. :)

      Delete
    2. See what I did there - not announcing the new tab? :)

      Delete
    3. RAZ, it's been six weeks. This Bagwell lot is moving on to a new home. I'm sorry we weren't able to connect.

      Delete
  2. The 1960 Topps managers cards are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed! I have several and should make a checklist to obtain those missing. These need to be paged and shown off.

      Delete
  3. Missed this...have to pay better attention for sure.
    Congrats RAZ!

    ReplyDelete