Pages

Saturday, May 20, 2017

Spotlight On ...


Over the course of  eight months, Johnny has made several appearances in my mailbox.  Not literally of course.  He is one of the more prolific traders around.  Most of us have been recipients of big fat mailers and boxes full of our favorite teams and players.  I had three trade packages from him ready to share and just when I thought I was done - along came yet another package.  Here's a few cards from the most recent package:


That is one shiny lot of refractors!  All but two were needed for a team set.  The pennant was a great accent to this picture and made me smile when I found it tucked in a toploader.


Love these 87 Coke cards.  I have a few of these packs still sealed and tried opening one but it didn't go so well.  I will eventually have the whole set with the help of trade partners. I should put a list together.

John included three post-card size team sets:

1988 Kroger
1989 Marathon Gas

1990 Kroger

 A little bit of Leaf Preferred and Pinnacle Zenith

New Heritage

2005 Topps 205 - like these a lot!


 A smattering of Tiger greatness in Fan Favorites design.


    
   A very cool schedule!  I can't say old since there's only ten years difference between it and me!

Thank you John!  If you are new to the blogs, be sure to check out two of his regular features:
Shadow Shots and Wacky Wednesdays.  Both are favorites of mine.

And new or not, you are welcome to join now in another giveaway from the disCard pile! We'll let this one run through Wednesday night, 8pm EST.  That gives me time to have it on the way to our winner before the holiday weekend!  Open to all 50 US States, with  previous winners excluded. Your part?  Comment on this post and ask to be entered.  One catch... your comment must be different than other comments.  For example, I'm in can only be used once. Count me in and please count me in would be considered the same as would I'm down or put me down.  The point is to be original. I'll randomize the list four times and post the winner on Thursday evening.  Oh, and the winner will be the fourth name on the list.  Your prize will be a three to four hundred count box.  The cards are random - a mix from 90s to now.  There may be an older card or two but junk wax is not part of this deal.  The 80s find their way into nearly everything - a bit like cockroaches.

Have fun with your comments - and thank you for reading!!!

24 comments:

  1. Wow that's some really cool stuff. He's a giver.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jingles telepathically told me that I should get in on this give-away stuff. Oh, and I am suppose to tell you that she would like her shoulders rubbed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cats are known for their hypnotic powers. Jingles should be rubbing MY shoulders for the spoiled and easy life she has! She thanks you for listening!

      Delete
  3. John is a heck of a fella. Wonderful cardboard!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I solemnly swear I am up to no good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I guess I have to call that schedule new, since I'm older than it is!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Man with two first names - thanks for reading and nice to meet you!

      Delete
  6. Those postcard sets and schedules are sweet! As for the contest...

    I wish to be in... like double chin, Fred Lynn.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Replies
    1. It's ON! Good luck! I have enough cards to do this a couple more times!

      Delete
  8. I would like to be included in the randomizer. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Not living in Michigan for 36 years, it's amazing to see stuff like the Kroger cards set and the Marathon Gas cards... they're awesome for sure!

    Good Luck everyone!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you are always welcome to join in the draw! I do love those oddball sets! Fun collecting!!

      Delete
  10. Knock, knock.
    Who's there?
    Someone who would like to enter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Matt, welcome to the blog community! You are entered.

      Delete
  11. Ok! Thanks to all for your comments! Contest is closed.

    ReplyDelete