Pages

Sunday, July 23, 2017

Posting Issues

Yeah, I've had them.  Catching up isn't easy when you're months behind sharing the goodness of others.  And today, we are doing a little bit of that!  This post features first time trades with a few of our blogger friends.  Months have passed since receiving most of these cards. What better way to say thanks to these Firsters than allowing the scans to yellow with age!

Let me preface this trade with I don't collect hockey.   I was drawn to the Blackhawks Indian logo by chance, just a few months ago and couldn't put it out of my head.  It is quite simply - beautiful art! My Native American heritage at one time called me to collect the old Goudeys.  My stupidity allowed me to sell my collection of these beauties 15 years ago.  So how now, to have a bit of cardboard history in the way of the original Americans?   Baseball Cards Come To Life - Bo Rosny took care of the problem with these:



The color did not come through with my phone as I was between  scanners at the time.  These cards show off the logo!  At some point, I'll likely own a long sleeved-shirt or jersey for the winter months, which in MI is Sept-June.   Thanks Bo!!!

D'back Daniel dropped a mailer on me that included some set needs and a couple of parallels.  Who says no to this??

Highlights of Card Shop Goodness

Oooo, pretty cards include a 2015 Chrome Sepia McCann and 2016 Heritage Chrome Fulmer RC.  He's one of the few Tigers having a good year.  I say we lose this guy!  He's much too good for us. Sell Sell Sell while we Tank Tank Tank.   Daniel, you'll have a return package soon!

GCRL may have forgotten about the fat little envelope he sent me.  If not, he may think that I did. But here's proof of my appreciation:



Jim sent a great batch of Gibbys and attractive parallels! Oh the woes of F-Rod!  He and Miggy look much better on these cards than in their recent performances!  The F'er is gone but Miggy remains, along with  his salary.   Mig has shown signs of coming around only to commit another error, hit into a DP or strike out.  His frustration shows.  Many Tiger fans wonder if his struggles are injury related or perhaps stress caused by fear and uncertainty for the safety of his family in Venezuela.  Jim, there's a return in the works!  Thanks for your patience!


Along with March came a friendly pwe from Oscar - not the grouch - the other Oscar, All Trade Bait All the Time!  He sent an Aloha  with a nice grouping of Tigers:



My first JaCoby Jones RC!   He's a young fellow with some potential, traded from the Pirates for Joakim Soria, and from my home state of Oklahoma, in a little town just outside OKC,  Chickasha - Chik-ah-shay  that's how we Okies pronounce it.  In his first MLB plate appearance, JaCoby hit a three-run homer against the White Sox becoming the first Tiger rookie to hit an Opening Day homer since Kirk Gibson in 1980.   With that began the JaCoby fever of which many Tiger fans and card collectors still suffer .  I tend to steer away from prospecting therefore appreciate having this card sent to me!  Oscar,  Aloha!   You'll be hearing from me!

A more recent package was received as a thank you from Now and Zen's Doe.  I sent her a box of Cubs and White Sox as a welcome to the blogs.  {Fortunately, she collects these teams!}  There were no expectations for a return package but she filled that little box up and sent it back to me.  I found mostly Tigers along with a few hits on my PCs:

CAM and BIGGS

1994 Score with a Gold Rush parallel


2017 Opening Day

Doe had a few fun cards available which I'd mentioned liking.  She put all of them in the box - Posey and Altuve among the mascots! Thanks so much for the trade.  We'll do it again!

It feels good to share - or more specifically- to be organized enough to share these great trades.  This post had its own issues:

I must be held.  No Exceptions!

19 comments:

  1. That 1990 Topps Biggio is such a great looking card... and those mascots are sweet too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i love Biggs in catcher gear. Ornery mascots are my favorites.

      Delete
  2. Look at that belly! It's crying for a belly rub!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This cat is a tease. You think she wants a belly rub but no...what she really wants is to kill you for even the smallest attempt to touch the belly fur.

      Delete
    2. I've had five cats during my life, and I feel safe in saying that cats generally don't want you rubbing their belly. I believe it means that she is comfortable around you and willing to be vulnerable around you - the belly being their vulnerable part - so I think trying to touch the belly kind of violates that trust... and that's when you lose your hand.

      Delete
    3. Schlab - you are right! one could easily lose her face. I've had a cat who loved belly rubs. She was a definite exception!

      Delete
  3. So glad you are pleased with the cards. Belly rub Jingles for me (please)! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the box held a lot of good stuff! we'll have to do it again sometime.

      Delete
  4. I think the Pirate Parrot has gotten more cards recently than some of the Pirates that actually play baseball.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. possibly true ;) i do like that old Parrot though. He's a keeper!

      Delete
  5. Great looking cards! So many cool looking 90s cards in this post, even if the Tigers were down during that time, they are fun to look at.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. heck, they're down NOW! It kinda hurts to look at them actually! (8{}

      Delete
  6. Great post. I think I have some cards you need. Shoot me an email dionne.tribsports@gmail

    ReplyDelete