Pages

Sunday, December 6, 2015

Contest Results Reveal a Lack of Love for Mark McGwire

or perhaps no interest in ornaments?  I enjoy giving away a bit of everything, baseball related that is.  There will be more ornaments, various MLB related souvenirs, programs, magazines, books and cards.  Cards are probably the most popular items as that is the focus for most of us as collectors.   I originally planned to give this ornament to the Randomized winner who placed fifth on the list.  There were only four real entries relating to ornament ownership.  I randomized these names five times and the ornament will go to the  blogger who placed first on this list instead. 
 
A couple of the entrants offered unique ways to display the Hall Mark.  Jeff Jones said to sign him up just for the shin guard.  He may or may not shoot Mark off the fence with his Red Ryder come Christmas.  Jared Willden offered Mark refugee status with a long wait outside until he was properly vetted.  Our winner Adam, will hang this on the tree alongside a Nashville Predators ornament.

 

There was one late entry this afternoon, from Justin's World. I hope to see them again around the blogs but the contest was closed at that point.
 
Over the past week, I dropped 15 packages in the mail.  It felt so good to be sharing cards again.  Since moving in June, I've been recreating life in Michigan.  While this move has had its challenges, I'm happier than I ever thought possible.  The open space and fresh air has done wonders for my mind and spirit.  I've wanted to share a few pictures of my new world.

My road:



Backyard:










I'm an animal lover and have been surprised by the wildlife here. Woodchucks, skunks, opossum, chipmunks and squirrels.  Bats and owls. The deer are precious to me.  They came daily to graze and enjoy apples from the trees.  Life is good and I am blessed.  Thanks for allowing me to share a part of my world with you.

24 comments:

  1. I can't imagine that your lawn is still that green and that the trees still have all those leaves on them right now! Still, there are time when I miss the quiet and seclusion of country living, as I had more when I was a kid than I do now. Even then, though, I couldn't wait to get to the city.

    Now, I'm thinking the city is okay, but the country has its upsides too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I live in my own little world. Pics are from late Summer. ;) I did the big city for 15 years and the pace was eating me alive. Seclusion is working out for me. It was this or a convent.

      Delete
  2. That is one sweet new world. Beautiful.
    I saw the original post, but as you guessed, I have no love for McGwire.

    Speaking of PWE's, I sent an email a few days ago requesting your address so I can send you a few cards, but I haven't seen a reply yet. Could it be another case of no love????

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ;) I emailed you just before the post went up. Lots of love indeed. Thanks for reaching out to me and stopping by my little blog.

      Delete
  3. Wrong roider. See, if it had been a Sammy Sosa ornament, I'd have been all over that! That said, if I'd seen the contest in time,I'm probably still would have entered.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tony, dang. I have no other 'roiders to give away. It is possible there's Sosa SLU down the road. Thanks for commenting. I'll be reading up on your posts.

      Delete
  4. That looks like road Forrest Gump ran down!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a great place! The pavement ends about 150 feet before my driveway. It's heaven here. Easy to say since the winter has been way mild to this point!

      Delete
  5. Dammit, I think I just sent your cards to your old Dallas address.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No harm done Friend. ;) Well, this will be a good test for the postal service. I have a forwarding order in place so it should be fine. Thanks for letting me know.

      Delete
  6. Looks gorgeous! Glad the new place is working out for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope to live out a long life here. Thanks defgav!

      Delete
  7. Glad you are enjoying the new area code. I grew up in a town that had about 3500 people in it. Rural life has its advantages but I craved civilization. My current town is still relatively small, but is a major college town. You get a nice infusion of people around the world.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've always wanted a small-town life. I'm 15 minutes from a larger shopping area and maybe 30 mins from a mall. Still having trouble finding a good LCS. That may not happen. I miss my Dallas shop and the friends I made there.

      Delete
  8. Your view is amazing! Thanks for the recent package! I have some cards for you as well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The package was sent as a surprise, without any expectations. Thanks for being a good trade buddy!

      Delete
  9. Yes, the gazebo is built into the corner of the deck. It's a great place to enjoy the sunset, drink coffee and read. Haven't tried to sort cards out there yet. ;)Trade all your cards? I'd suggest getting the gazebo...soon.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your home looks amazingly beautiful, Julie! A lot better than the view of the Burger King I have across the street at mine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nick! I don't have a BK near me. Crave it every now and again, when I want it my way. PS...get some curtains.

      Delete
  11. Awesome place Julie, very picturesque. Good to know I'm know the only one who lives in a somewhat rural area. The city is nice but I just can't stand the hustle and bustle. Also, thanks for the giveaway, I'll proudly display Big Mac on the tree when he arrives.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 15 years in Dallas were well, too many. I needed to be closer to nature - fresh air, GREEN space, trees, wildlife. I love the quiet. There are hoot owls in the trees around me and I can't tell you how beautiful that lonely sound is to my ears. Glad to have met you Adam. I'll be saving some Reds for you. New stuff coming in soon.

      Delete
  12. What a spread. Your backyard is paradise. Glad the move has worked out. N

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks much Mark! Glad to have moved my trading pals along with me too!

      Delete
  13. Super jealous. Love the outdoors.

    ReplyDelete