Pages

Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Heritage 51 Collection and...contest results

I was rather puny over the weekend which kept me from announcing the winner of the highly desirable Mark Teixeira bobble-head dolly. After taking time to randomize, there was no energy to write up a post.  There were four entries, randomized four times. Xavier Higgins is the new owner!


Congrats to you! Send your mailing address to: acrackedbat at gmail dotcom. Once I have your address, Mark will be dropped headfirst into the first outgoing mail receptacle I can find.  Of course, he will be properly packaged.  I'm just happy to see him moving out! 

Feeling better yesterday, I opened one of the two Heritage 51 boxes/sets which my best friend, Rural Postal Delivery Person, crammed into my roadside mail depository.  The rather small but attractively designed box contained a complete set of  104 base cards, 21 minis and one autographed card. 
 
 Basic cards have blue or red backs:



Minis per box come ten red, five blue, three green, two black and one gold:

Minis with regular base Norris
These minis are expected to find new homes; already nestled into their little team stacks.  I'm on the fence with this design.  The cardstock is Heritage quality.  I would've preferred rounded corners as on the original 51 red and blue back designs.

Before the auto is revealed, let me just say - no.  I hate to disappoint any of my friends with the news but this card isn't for trade.  Will I keep it?  Doubtful.  I rarely sell autos but this one will probably be headed to COMC.  It's nice to pull a card which will fund a few purchases.  As far as the second box is concerned, well...I'm holding off on breaking the seal.  Topps advertised these cards as a limited production.  Topps throws this word around quite loosely so who really knows how many sets were produced.  If I put it away, out-of-sight then I'll likely forget about it.

This rather attractive auto is on-card and a blue-back, numbered out of  25:


That's a pretty nice card!  Correa, Bryant, Trout or Posey and it would've been a keeper! 

Thanks for stopping by!  New giveaway coming soon.  Drop by to see what the Claw chooses... next time!

16 comments:

  1. Nice box. Just ordered one glad to hear their on Heritage stock.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you pull a great auto! Thanks for reading!

      Delete
  2. So I guess what you are saying is you plan on keeping that auto and storing it at my house, right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know, you and I - we are completely on the same page. ;) I knew you'd love it. I posted the card to tease you, rub it in your face a bit and say - nah na na na nah! ;) Who knows what could happen? Christmas is coming. EH, there I go teasin' you again.

      Delete
  3. That's a nice autograph pull, especially with the serial number. I flipped the Abreu auto I pulled from 2014 Topps Heritage High Numbers and funded quite a few fun purchases.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm genuinely thrilled to win this prestigious award. Furthermore I consider myself...
    The randomest person...
    On the face of the internet.
    Tex might likely receive a few down-ballot MVP votes. Aaron Judge & Gary Sanchez are the future in the Bronx, amongst others. I look forward to adding this to the collection that my son will one day inherit.
    Thanks Julie, God bless you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are most welcome! Your speech would sound great, echoing through a large, open stadium. ;)

      Delete
  5. Thank GOD I didn't win that bobblehead. :-) I like these Heritage 51's...may have to get one of these boxes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Okay...maybe not. Only 1 Brewer in the whole set...Ryan Braun. Hahaha.

      Delete
    2. Well, you did enter on behalf of a blogger friend. No pressure to display it proudly in your own home. ;)

      Delete
  6. Abreu definitely has a unique auto. Very cool card!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel so selfish showing it off only to say not up for grabs. I'll get over it though. ;)

      Delete
  7. Any chance the Kershaw and Kemp minis could be available for trade?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Greg, I'd already set them aside for the other Greg. If I cave and open the second box, I'd be happy to work out a trade with you for the Dodgers. You may find them elsewhere before then but if not... I truly appreciate that you asked!

      Delete
  8. Oh why oh why oh why are these not rounded?!?!?

    ReplyDelete