Pages

Thursday, July 16, 2015

Knock Knock

Who's there?  Anyone at all? 

Nearly six weeks have passed without posting.  I've received email and trade packages during this time with little opportunity to enjoy them.  C-Bat email does not come to my phone so my replies have been somewhat delayed.  Though I've already reached out individually, thanks again to those of you who checked in on me from time to time.  The move itself was drama free.  New carpet was delayed until June 18th so I lived out of boxes for the first three weeks. I still have a garage full of boxes to be sorted and stored.  The important items are inside - vinyl, books and cards!

I was without internet for that time as well.  No cable providers - no Uverse, Comcast etc.  I have the fastest connection a Dish can offer on any given day.  Those with clouds or rain affect the speed , that being slow to non-exisitent.  I now drive an hour each way to the office...on days without snow.  Big change considering I've previously never driven more than 30 minutes one way, in horrible traffic. The low temp two nights ago was 47!   Pretty chilly for a summer morning.  Small inconveniences in comparison to the beautiful place I now call home!

 
I expect to renew the romance with my baseball cards over the next couple of weeks.  I have sooo many goodies to mail out but must first find them!  Also planning to have my first contest soon to celebrate Cracked Bat's blog-a-versary...which was last month.  I hope to do more trading since I have no real LCS!  It's nearly 25 miles to the closest shop and their reception was not the warmest.  It's difficult for an LCS to compete with the internet so one might think they'd appreciate a new customer.
 
Another happening - and I knew it was likely coming - a new Independent Baseball League is sprouting up in my own backyard!  If you build it, they will come - and here I am!!!  Jimmy John's Field in Utica, MI will host a new three team league beginning next June.  It will be round robin style play for the first year as more teams are formed.  The Independent League Fort Worth Cats were fun for years and gave us Max Scherzer.   Oh I still like Max, he's a good guy.  My heart is softening up a bit.  I enjoy supporting Independent Leaguers and put my name down for a 25 game package.  Unfortunately the FTW Cats folded last year for various reasons, lack of attendance was probably a factor.  I hope the United Shore Baseball League does well. 
 
Until I can scan and share the recent goodies I've received, here's a group of cards added to my collection a few months ago.  A great eBay BIN with an offer made and accepted:   
 

2012 Triple Threads
I'm beginning to make the rounds, reading up on your blogs!  Thanks for hanging around.  Your friendships are important and I've missed you guys!!!

Before I go, here's another gem found recently during a regular eBay search on Buck O'Neil.  I did NOT purchase this item.  Gotta love this seller...


Hey dude!  Trim those photos before posting them...and maybe those toenails while your at it!

26 comments:

  1. I love it. I can't wait to be reading your blog regularly again. Glad the move went smooth.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Phil thanks! Been away too long! Life is good though, good indeed!

      Delete
  2. Glad to hear the move went well! Looking forward to seeing you posting again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nick! thanks! I can't wait to find my cards. SomewhereI have a stash for you!

      Delete
  3. Welcome back, you've been missed! Glad all is well. Looking forward to sending a stack of Tigers your way as a house warming present.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Tim! I owe you some cards. Working on sorting boxes now. :)

      Delete
  4. A three-team pro league? Ha, ha. We had a four-team one debut in our town this year! Must be the wave of the future.

    Congrats on sort of getting settled, and welcome to cooler weather. We set an overnight low record last night.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Night Owl - I've missed being here! Cooler weather suits me well...for now. Will be interesting to see how these leagues play out!

      Delete
  5. Welcome back to the blogosphere!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice to see the names haven't changed since I've been away. ;) and thank you :)

      Delete
  6. Good to have you back Julie. Look forward to reading your blog again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Feels like I was away for too long. Thanks Matt!

      Delete
  7. Welcome back! When you're all settled in, let's make a trade! I started reading your blog right around the time you started moving, so I figured it would be best to wait for all that to get sorted out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Settling takes longer than I'd expected but I'll get there. Looking forward to it Brian!

      Delete
  8. I had a job interview a few years ago in Fort Worth and got excited about seeing some Cats games. Turns out, I didn't get the job. Guess the Cats are looking for new employment as well. Glad to have you back!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Marcus! Yes, Cats are homeless again. It's a shame really. They have such a long and storied history. Me - other than my beloved LCS, I'm not missing Texas.

      Delete
  9. Vinyl, books, and cards. Three of my favorite things in life... along with movies. Speaking of movies... I have the sudden urge to watch Detroit Rock City. Glad you're settling back into the cardboard groove and thanks for that sweet Graveman! I've got some Tigers for your collection that I picked up on COMC that I'll be shipping out soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fuji - that's more than generous, thank you! I'm sure I have a few Oakies you'd enjoy. As for DRC the movie, I somehow missed out on it. I like KISS but cringe hearing them on oldies radio. It's just not right! ;)

      Delete
    2. I wouldn't call DRC a classic... but it was worth my 90 minutes. Oh... and let me know which 1987 Hydride Baseball All-Time Greats you still need for your set.

      Delete
  10. Replies
    1. thanks Mark! Hope to be trading with you soon!

      Delete
  11. HAD ME WORRIED FOR AWHILE, GLAD TO SEE ALL IS WELL.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's sweet John! It's nice to be missed, for sure!

      Delete
  12. Hope you're doing well, Julie! It's been crazy here too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congrats on the move, and good to see you posted again. (No self-respecting blogger goes six weeks without posting. Wait...) Comic shop models are baffling to me. Let's discourage sane people from coming into our store by designing it to look like a male teenager's basement and then let's scowl at those who do brave their way into our door.

    ReplyDelete