Pages

Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Frankie's Yankees

I was away for nearly three weeks during the holidays.  Seems I'm still celebrating Christmas!  Several packages came during that time, one of these was from Frankie Massa.  His blog is My Life in the Sports Card Hobby.  This mature young man is a 7th grader who loves his Yankees.  We are talking about some BIG love!  He contacted me for a trade back in November. After looking over his lists, I didn't have much to offer in the way of excitement - relics, autos etc.   Frankie still wanted to send cards.  I now have some more nice additions:

                              2014 Bowman Platinum Chrome Prospects
                                                                                             2014  89 Bowman Is Back

 
                                                   2014 Panini Prizm Prizms and Prizm...confused?


                                                          2008 Heritage Chrome   #/1959


                                                                  2012 Topps    #/2012


                               2010 Heritage Chrome   #/1961  - one of my fave Topps designs

                                                2014 Bowman    #/250    very nice parallel!

Most all the cards Frankie sent were numbered or signed.  At such a young age, when so many teens are concerned with getting,  Frankie has a very generous nature.


                                                                   2004 SP Prospects  #/400

                                                                 2012 Extra Edition  #/799

                                                            2013 Platinum Prospects  #/175



                                                                       2013 Gypsy Queen relic


From 2009 Upper Deck, these Icons are really attractive foil cards despite the dark scan.  Miggy is #d/999 with his buddy Joel sporting a bright white patch.

So far, we've had a nice variety of future and former Tigers.  Frankie threw in one more card and went w-a-a-a-y back for it - another Frank:

                                                                            1959 Topps
                 
Frank Bolling played 2nd for the Tigers and Braves during his twelve season career. He hit only 106 homers but one was a grand slam off Sandy Koufax on Sept. 22, 1965.  Bolling was a four-time All Star, and Gold Glover in 1958.  His young brother Milt played shortstop for the Tigers in 1958.


Frankie, you're a generous trader.  No doubt your generosity is spread throughout the whole of your life!  I hope you're playing ball again - sooner than expected!

7 comments:

  1. We should meet up in Klude Warren park for a trade.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. I have yet to visit that park! Klude fits... I may have Rangers for you but need time to peruse your lists. Thanks for reading and commenting!

      Delete
  3. I'm glad you liked the cards! I gave you all the Tigers I had, so that's gonna be it for a while. Now, I'm taking a little break from cards. As for playing baseball again, I'm hoping to be able to play in April or May which is about halfway through the season. When I get stuff, it's not as good as giving something to someone else. Thank you for the kind words, and the cards!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All the Tigers you had? are you sure? did you check your pockets? ;) Thank you Frankie! I'm sure your parents are quite proud of you. If I should ever pull any fancy Yanks, you are at the top of the list.

      Delete
  4. Very nice trade. Looks like Frankie is a good egg.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is a good egg - unlike the cracked one that is me.

      Delete